Sunday, February 6, 2011

First blog. Check.

Do you remember sitting in Primary during Music Time, front row on the pint sized seats allocated for the munchkins, straining your eyes to see what you couldn't read on the words of the primary song on that white, just bigger than A3 sized piece of cardboard? I most probably blamed it on the handwriting. Though now as a 'grown up' the whiff of history surpasses in a split second when I think of that moment and I always remember the last line of perhaps a well known tune;

Two little eyes that blink, blink, blink,
Two little eyes that see;
Head and shoulders; knees and toes;
And many more things make me.
Tra la la la la la,
Two little eyes that see,
Two little eyes that blink, blink, blink,
And many more things make me


“Two Little Eyes,” Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 268 

So having three beautiful munchkins myself now, one of which is that of a three year old munchkin on the pint sized seat in Music Sharing Time (as I snuck a peek on Sunday) - I must have my own take on the infamous line now indented in my mind, and name it title of my blog. Which does so fittingly, if I do say so myself. As I am no longer a 'me', the word family itself encapsulates in the plural sense - in my case five beings inclusive of three beautiful children, my palagi, and myself.

Thus, welcome to the weird and wonderful world of the Walshes through tiny snippets of this world of blogging. There's just not enough paper for written words, enough video memory - even enough time - to recall every amazing moment made each second of every day in the history that makes this Walshe family. I have no particular aniticipation of what will be posted - all I know is there are many more things that make 'We' so perhaps you might come on a little journey with us for a few seconds or minutes on our blog - to see exactly what that could be.

To all our family and friends we may have lost contact with - we would love to hear from you.


4 comments:

  1. I love it, a perfect title. I'm so excited to hear more about your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful irra! *so* looking forward to what you put on here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Irra! welcome to blogging world.. isn't it fun?
    looking forward to reading all about your gorgeous little fam xxx
    send me your email so i can invite you to read mine as it's private
    tonelawless@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete